Saturday, October 4, 2008
New pregnancy symptom
Gotta love it. My ankles seem to be in better shape since Thursday. But starting Thursday, I've been having pelvic pain when walking, shifting to get out of the car or out of bed, or lifting a leg to put on clothes in the morning. Sorry if that's too much information, but that's what blogs are for, right? Oomph! Anyway, it feels like a soccer ball slammed into me and left everything all bruised south of my stomach. I googled it and it turns out this is - naturally - a common symptom of pregnancy at this stage of the game, as your pelvis has to start expanding prior to the baby dropping and delivery (even though that's still 5-6 weeks away). Still, not so cool. The good news is, we finally fixed the pool on Wednesday and Thursday so I got to go swimming last night. Amazingly, it didn't hurt to lift my legs at all in the water. It really must be a gravity thing! So since it's supposed to still be pretty warm today and tomorrow, I'll have to keep trying that. In the meantime, Michael the Baby is oblivious and still trying about seventeen times a day to stretch, punch and kick his way out already :)
Labels:
Pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I sympathize. My painful pelvis was the worst part of late pregnancy for me. It sounds like you're otherwise feeling pretty good, though, so I'm happy for you about that.
Thanks. I do feel pretty good overall so I am grateful! This was just another one of those things no ever mentioned before, but it's nice to know I'm not alone!
Post a Comment