
Michael the Dad went to DC this weekend for his cousin's wedding. The whole Lawler clan is there and he is having fun. We are sorry the baby and I couldn't be there, but when we were looking at ticket prices at the beginning of the year it was just way too much for what we thought would work in this year's travel budget! Also, I wasn't sure

when I was going back to work, how much work there would be, and how everything was going to go. So we did our Chicago trip and DC trip in March (plus a half dozen other trips too), and even though it turns out not to be too busy at work, I am glad to have some down time this weekend. Last weekend was the trip to South Bend for Amanda's graduation so this is the first quiet days I have at home with the baby since going back to work! But we do miss Dad and seeing everyone else. We are planning to go to another cousin's wedding just north in Pennsylvania in the fall so that should be nice.

Yesterday Michael the Baby and I took some walks around the neighborhood, did dishes and laundry, and hung out around the house. He doesn't babble as much as a few months ago, but he was all smiles :) I got him to sit in the sling in the next mode (where the baby is on your hip) and it worked out pretty well, although he does tend to lean all the way forward sometimes because he likes to look at what I'm doing, so I have to push him back to sit. In the afternoon we went back over to Aunt Amanda's new apartment, where Michael ate some envelopes and looked in the mirror again. We met Aunt T for dinner in Las Colinas at

a great (new to me) Mexican place, Taco Diner. Like T says, it sounds kind of dumpy but is surprisingly good, fresh food. Me gusta. Michael liked the spoons and dancing to salsa music.
Today we are going to meet my friend and talk a walk with her and her very cute baby :) Grocery shopping might be on the list for later as well. So glad for weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment