Friday, May 8, 2009

Crying over spilled milk

I just knocked over one of the bottles of milk I pumped this morning, for Michael for when I go back to work on Monday :( I'll get more later, but it did make me pretty upset for a little while. It takes a lot of effort to get those ounces! But at least pumping is going easier, and luckily I have an office with its own door at work so that will be a good situation. I'm going to try to keep it up at least another three months, maybe a bit longer, but we'll see. I suppose I'll be getting all into a routine soon enough and it will all seem normal, and hopefully the initial transition won't be too hard -- although after six months of being with my little guy almost all the time, it will certainly be abrupt. (Yes, this paragraph just went from nursing/pumping to work in general without a good transition, but they're all related.)

I know millions of moms work outside the home and they (and their kids) are fine, and I'm sure I will be too. I'm grateful to have the job that I do, and I do enjoy being a professional, developing my skills and being intellectually challenged (sometimes, anyway :) at work. And Michael will be in great hands.

It's just hard.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hang in there! Try to believe it will all work out fine...because it will!

And I sympathize over the milk. While I've been treated for thrush I've had to throw away all my pumped milk- it's been heartbreaking. I work so hard for that milk!