The other week Michael the baby and I went to a La Leche League meeting to meet some other mothers and babies, and learn a bit about the topic of that class (weaning). I'm not planning to wean Michael for a while yet if I can help it, but it's good to know a bit more about it. The meeting was at a Lutheran church in Plano and it was very nice. The best thing was that usually, I try to nurse Michael before we go out and hope he'll be all right for awhile when we're out, but here everyone was feeding their babies off and on, so no one minded! :) I should have gone to these sooner, instead of right before I go back to work, but what can you do. I did meet some nice women around my age with babies of various ages and we decided to get together for lunch, which we did today.
I was running late this morning but I did make it out -- we met at Panera in north/west Plano, which isn't that close to me but seemed to be in the middle of Frisco, east Plano, Richardson, and Allen. Dallas really is huge! It was so nice to get out for a little while (88 degrees today, but the shade was perfect) and meet other mothers (and their cute babies). We already made plans to get together again next week. I hope I can stay in touch once I am back at work.
I'm not looking forward to going back at this point :( I took Michael to JC Penney yesterday to get a few new shirts for my work wardrobe. (Michael seemed bemused to be in the stroller in the store, instead of outside in our neighborhood like normal.) The shirts are cute, and I did get two pairs of pants (less than $20 each on sale, good deal) that are one size up from my normal, since these last 10 pounds are sticking around still. I can button my normal size suit pants, but they might be a bit too tight for the office :) (Also the tops are tighter in front, but that's for a different reason! Ha.) So I caved temporarily. But I'm not giving up yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment