Michael has been a very normal baby developmentally so far, which is great. But the next stage, which seems to be starting on the early side, is separation anxiety. I have noticed this more in the last week. He will be fine playing by himself in the living room -- until he sees me pass through into the kitchen or remembers I am over on the couch, and then he immediately wants to be picked up. He is still pretty comfortable with other familiar people (like future Aunt Stefani, who was nice enough to watch Michael in mall after lunch yesterday while I got my hair cut :), including Mike, of course, but he now has started reaching out back to me and gets fussy faster if I leave the room. So, Amanda, looks like object permanence is happening on schedule. It is supposed to be a good thing that the baby is attached to his mother, but my mom and Amanda may be in for a tricky couple of days in a few weeks! (So will I...)
One thing Michael really does seem to like is when Mike says the alphabet to him. He laughs and smiles and talks back. So that is cool :)

No comments:
Post a Comment