My best friend from college came down from Minnesota this week to spend time with Mike, me and the baby (and she ended up getting to hang out with Chris and Stefani and my father-in-law too!). It was so great to see her since we probably haven't seen each other in a year and a half, or close to that, even though we talk a lot. In any event, since we tend to talk for hours at a time on the phone (causing our husbands to roll their eyes), we enjoyed getting to visit even more while just hanging out around the house and not worrying about work (she is a doctoral student at Cornell and teaching now at St Thomas in Minnesota, but their classes haven't started up yet for the spring). So, thanks to Mathew for letting Rachel come down to hang out with me for a few days :D
As Mike alluded in his last post, Rachel did bring the Minnesota weather down with her for a few days (boo), but then it got nice again and we were able to enjoy a nice afternoon walk in the sun yesterday, which was cool.

1 comment:
It's a little belated, but thanks to you and Mike as well for your hospitality! It was great to visit, see you both and meet the little guy. Mathew enjoyed the pictures as well.
I meant to comment here sooner, but I suddenly found myself in a flurry of action as soon as I got home. For one thing, we hosted a Superbowl party, so that weekend was already heavy on the cleaning/cooking... but then classes also started on the Monday after the Superbowl. Yikes! So I'm living a more adult schedule now, complete with horrible, arduous things like getting up in the morning and GOING TO WORK. So unfair! I only got like eight weeks off; how am I supposed to get rested in that short amount of time? ;)
Anyway. Thanks again for a fun visit.
Post a Comment