Michael got his two month immunizations on Monday, and even though of course I'm glad he will never get polio or diptheria, the poor boy has been fussier and not as happy for the last couple of days :( -- a lot fewer smiles and less talking than normal. We gave him some baby Tylenol a few times since then, and I think he is feeling a little better this morning (although he mostly eating a lot so far, so I'm not sure yet). My mom was here all afternoon Monday and most of yesterday and it was really nice of her to help out and also be soothing the baby. Poor little guy.
Since my mom was here, yesterday was also the first time I left Michael with a babysitter to go to "work" -- a working group meeting for the local Catholic lawyers' society I joined in November. We're assisting the bishop in his proposed pastoral letter here on end-of-life issues and Texas law (such as for living wills and power of attorneys). The meeting was an hour and a half today and Michael stayed home with my mom. (Last time he came with me, which was fine because he's pretty good if I've fed him before going out, and also, this being a Catholic lawyers' group, five out of the other six members of the small group have four to six -- and in one case nine! -- children themselves so they weren't fazed.) Of course everything was fine at home -- you can't ask for a better sitter than Lita! -- but a part of me still just wanted to rush home and be with my baby in case he needed me. (This was a bit silly: he was napping peacefully.) I'm glad I get a few more months at home with him before going back to full time work!
No comments:
Post a Comment