Monday, January 5, 2009

Time for toys

I think Michael has made it through his six-week-old growth spurt, since he is settled back to eating 8 times a day instead of the higher end of normal (10 or 11).  He also slept 4 hours at once last night and then another 2, which was great.  He is really starting to be even more alert than before and definitely reacts to things.  I think, though, he is starting to need a bit more entertainment than just Mom and Dad.  The other day we showed him this little bird that my mom sent back with Theresa from Orlando, and he really seemed to like it a lot.

[caption id="attachment_513" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Tweet tweet"]Tweet tweet[/caption]

I attached it to the bassinet with another little plush toy but I think I am also going to get a play mat for him so there are lots of different things for him to look at.  We do have toys that people have given the baby for later on, when he can sit up and actually grab and play with things, but this should be good for now.  I found a good deal on Craigslist this morning so I'm picking it up on Saturday.  Maybe it will buy me a bit of time to clean my files up before guests are in town for the baptism next week!

No comments: