Wednesday, November 5, 2008

39+ weeks and still here

Eventually, this baby will come out - it's inevitable, right?  But he's still comfortable where he is.  This Monday there was no real change from last Monday (2 cm, 80%), and even though I've been feeling sporadic contractions on a regular basis since then, neither a four-overtime loss by the Irish or a long election night has been enough to jump-start anything :)  Or spicy food - I've tried that too.  Mike and I have been carpooling to work since last Monday so everything's in the car in case we need it.  He's just a mile away from my office and coincidentally we drive by the hospital on the way home every day too, but so far no need to stop off.  Mike keeps talking to my belly but the baby just has not gotten the hint yet!  At least I got a (small) amount of work yesterday and today - I don't want to be completely useless while I am sitting around waiting for something to happen! :)

No comments: