Monday, August 18, 2008

Jesse's Wedding

This past weekend I flew solo to Chicago for the wedding of Lucas' younger brother Jesse (to his longtime paramour Kathryn). Kim sat this trip out, and stayed behind to pick up the keys to our new house and start packing up our stuff. Theresa was kind enough to stop by and help her pack and lift the heavy boxes.

Jesse is the first child in the Rickelman family to get married. He found himself a nice Catholic girl to marry and the wedding was held in the church my family attended for so many years, St. Dominic's. The reception was at a golf club nearby and the reception hall was packed to the brim. It's a good thing everyone knew each other so well.

The day after the wedding Jesse's parents hosted a lunch at their house at noon. Jesse and Kathryn spent some time opening all the gifts they received. This may be the only time in wedding gift history that the groom got the best gift, and neon blue and red Chicago Cubs sign. Jesse and Kathryn will spend their honeymoon in St. Lucia and then finish their big move to Sioux Falls, SD.

This is the first wedding I've attended of someone significantly younger than me. During the now obligatory wedding slideshow, I was reminded that I've known Jesse since he was about 2 years old. Now he's married and will begin his adult life with his lovely bride.

And that's when you really start to feel old. But, all in all, it was a great time, and I got a chance to catch up with even more people that I had known throughout my life. Kim was sorely missed, as more people were interested to see and hear about her than me. It's hard to be more interesting than a new baby, even one that isn't born yet.

Starting tonight, it'll be my turn to start moving boxes, and Kim & I are both excited to the see the job that Wall 2 Wall Art has in store for our home. Thanks to Theresa for fitting us in to her busy schedule!

1 comment:

Mom B said...

Glad you were able to go home to the wedding. Also glad that TB and Kim were able to get some packing done. Good luck with all that moving entails this week