- Notre Dame received their 14th verbal commitment for the Class of 2009 from E.J. Banks, a cornerback from the Pittsburgh area. He will be an early enrollee this January. E.J. picked ND over the Buckeyes.
- The team returns 38 monogram winners from last year.
- Sam Young is now the heaviest lineman. Christ Stewart is down to a "svelte" 329 lbs.
- All running backs increased their bench press by 100 lbs. in the offseason.
- Ian Williams, Paddy Mullen, Brandon Newman, and Pat Kuntz can now all squat over 600 lbs.
- David Bruton has a 41" vertical leap. Increased squat by 95 lbs.
- Every player is healthy and ready to practice.
- Weis on freshman running back Jonas Gray: "one rocked up unit"
- QBs will split reps first week. Charlie wants to see how Dayne Crist looks.
- Indicated will pound the ball more.
- Weis is a "big fan" of cornerbacks Raeshon McNeil and Gary Gray.
- Sophomore linebacker Brian Smith stood out the most in the spring. "Every day, every play." He will start the fall at Middle Linebacker, along with Maurice Crum.
- Starting Offensive line: Paul Duncan, Eric Olsen, Dan Wenger, Chris Stewart, Sam Young
- Running Back: James Aldridge or Robert Hughes; Armando Allen (change of pace)
- Receivers: Duval Kamara, David Grimes
- TE: Mike Ragone, Will Yeatman
- FB: Asaph Schwapp
- Defensive Line: Morrice Richardson, Ian Williams, Pat Kuntz
- Linebackers: Harrison Smith, Brian Smith, Maurice Crum, Kerry Neal
- Defensive Backs: Terrail Lambert, David Bruton, McCarthy, Raeshon McNeil
- Jimmy Clausen's impression of Michael Floyd: "through the roof" "doesn't look like a freshman."
And for those who may have seen or heard about the supposed "scandalous" photos of Jimmy Clausen and others at a party that were posted online, here is how Weis addressed the matter with Chicago Tribune reporter Brian Hamilton, who tried to push the story all week.
Q. Your thoughts on the pictures that appeared online earlier this week and what happens from here?
COACH WEIS: I'm going to answer that in two sentences. First of all, I think the obvious thing, on a serious note, I think it's important that I don't condone underage drinking. I think that's important to say.
But that being said and no sarcastic moment really meant, but give me a break. Let's move on.
Q. Well, let me ask you this --
COACH WEIS: Let's move on.
Q. I'm going to ask you this question anyway. The players, let's face it, they are underage and they pose for a picture in a situation that allegedly is questionable. They were in a position where they were allegedly drinking. Your thoughts on that?
COACH WEIS: Alleged by who?
Q. The website said they were participating in something called the Beer Olympics.
COACH WEIS: I said let's give them a break and let's move on. That's as far as I'm going to say. I'm not going to take it any further than that.
Q. Not going to be any discipline?
COACH WEIS: Let's move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment