Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Muddling through

At 37 weeks pregnant, I am dealing with acid reflux that can wake me up in the middle of the night; cringeworthy, poofy marshmallow feet; achy knees and other joints every time I stand up; and lovely, lovely stretch marks with attendant itchiness. Apparently I also have forgetfulness (--but can you blame that on pregnancy??) :) Last night and this afternoon at work I felt really dizzy for a few minutes, which was disconcerting. I drank some water, ate some cookies, and just stayed still until it passed, in case it was a blood sugar thing. Then I googled "dizziness in third trimester" and one of the causes suggested by the medical pages was anemia.

Oh, right. Anemia, as in, something that can be remedied by iron supplements, which my doctor ordered me to take as of six weeks ago -- when my blood work said I had iron deficiency -- but which I had forgotten to take the last few days. Oops!

In any event, despite my various maladies, I really am grateful for having a healthy, normal pregnancy so far and an active little boy we're looking forward to meeting. There are so many things that can happen during pregnancy, it is a blessing it's gone so well and I pray that continues. (...I just would like to not have elephant feet anymore!)

No comments: