[caption id="attachment_642" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Push up"]
[/caption]Michael switches up his sleep schedule and fussy times quite a bit, too. Sometimes he lets me sleep until 5 or 6, but then for four days in a row he was up at 2:30 or 3. And all weekend he was all smiles and talking a lot, but then he went on a mini-nursing strike last night and was positively inconsolable for a few hours. He just didn't want to nurse, I think because he was so hungry (for whatever reason ... it's not like I starve the child!) that he was impatient with nursing and just wanted a bottle :( This website suggested feeding him formula first and then trying to nurse, or pumping if you have to, until the baby settles down and shows interest again. In any event, the website helped (along with the nursing book my mom gave me, an invaluable resource!*) and he nursed fine today -- up until another mini-strike tonight. But I think I got him through that (easier tonight than yesterday) and he is nursing to sleep now. All that growing must be exhausting.
*I feel like I should give a PSA on nursing to all the women out there who, like me, have/had no idea how many things can come up while nursing. It's not always as easy or natural as I assumed. Clogged ducts, painful cracks, supply problems, oversupply, latching issues, nursing fussiness ... yikes! But it seems like many women go through this and you can usually make it through :)
1 comment:
Hang in there--you're doing great! I had a really hard time with Daniel, too. Fortunately, Joseph has been much better--still going strong at a year and a half. They're all so different!
Post a Comment