We were joking this morning that as much as we don't get the frenetic activity and screeching that characterizes a lot of our boys' behavior, it's still more reassuring than silence -- because that usually means someone's getting into trouble. Every time things go quiet for longer than a minute or so I figure we forgot to lock the fridge or pantry again (so they've sneaked away with cookies or crackers), someone found Mama or Dada's phone (and is either playing with apps, or calling random address entries), or they found something interesting to scribble on/tear/dump out/etc. (I once overheard Michael saying, "Come on, Malcolm, let's go see if the pantry is unlocked so we can get some vanilla wafers.") Better to have them screeching and running loudly around the house, right?
This wasn't getting in trouble *too* much (although there was a lot of water spilled all over the counter . . .) but here's how I found them the other morning playing happily in the sink, earnestly pouring and mixing water. At least they were working together!


No comments:
Post a Comment