Sunday, May 15, 2011

ND Picnic

Beautiful weekend in Dallas - warm in the sun, but a bit cooler and less windy than normal this time of year.  Yesterday morning we all walked up to the elementary school to vote, and then continued walking over to the park for a few hours.  After voting, I had to run to catch up with the boys on the way to the park because I wanted to chat first with one of the city councilmen who was standing outside about retail development on our side of town.  The councilman was very engaging and informative, so think I voted for the right candidate for that place!


Today we went to the ND Club picnic and had a very nice time visiting with some new friends and seeing a lot of familiar faces.  Michael played around, then spent a long time coloring with chalk on a concrete retainer wall by the park pavilion.  Mike was keeping a close eye on him for awhile, but when he looked away for a bit, he caught Michael hiding behind the Notre Dame banner eating chalk.  Hopefully that's harmless!  Michael also kept asking Theresa, "Where's Amanda?"  She tried prompting him to say, "Where's Aunt T?"  He did not take the hint.  He did bring her a cookie later, though, so I don't think it was personal.

I wanted to take a picture with Stefani with our babies, since this time last year we were there looking very pregnant (Canon ended up being born later that night!!) -- but we had to leave for naptime before we got a chance to.  We still got a few pictures of our boys.


Joe Cool, one year old

Malcolm checks out the shades

No comments: