Malcolm is looking great at 9 lbs, 5 oz. The doctor said they usually like to see a return to birth weight by two weeks later, so to have him right about there at one week is a sign he is eating like a champ. It also means nursing is going much, much better for me than in the beginning with Michael. I think my milk had come in by Friday night, and Malcolm has had no problems with latching and eating quite efficiently. It still hurts a little (have to get toughened up again) but I'm so happy that my supply is fine. There's no indication yet we would need to supplement with formula, and Malcolm is such a contented little eater. Very good news!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Doing great at 6 days old
Malcolm had his first checkup today. I almost had a repeat of my first trip to the doctor's office with Michael, when I forgot to bring the diaper bag, but I remembered as we were getting in the car! A good thing, too, since we ended up needing a clean diaper in the 20 minutes we were at the doctor's office.
Malcolm is looking great at 9 lbs, 5 oz. The doctor said they usually like to see a return to birth weight by two weeks later, so to have him right about there at one week is a sign he is eating like a champ. It also means nursing is going much, much better for me than in the beginning with Michael. I think my milk had come in by Friday night, and Malcolm has had no problems with latching and eating quite efficiently. It still hurts a little (have to get toughened up again) but I'm so happy that my supply is fine. There's no indication yet we would need to supplement with formula, and Malcolm is such a contented little eater. Very good news!
Little chubs
Malcolm is looking great at 9 lbs, 5 oz. The doctor said they usually like to see a return to birth weight by two weeks later, so to have him right about there at one week is a sign he is eating like a champ. It also means nursing is going much, much better for me than in the beginning with Michael. I think my milk had come in by Friday night, and Malcolm has had no problems with latching and eating quite efficiently. It still hurts a little (have to get toughened up again) but I'm so happy that my supply is fine. There's no indication yet we would need to supplement with formula, and Malcolm is such a contented little eater. Very good news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment