Right before Dallas got its first white Christmas in at least 30 years (dang that global warming again), we headed off to Orlando on the morning Christmas Eve. This will likely be the last commercial flight we do with Michael -- at the very least as a lap baby -- since he is really squirmy and getting pretty big at this point. He has been quite a trooper on the I think nine (!) round trip flights he took in 2009. But though it won't necessarily be any easier, as our three driving trips to San Antonio proved, I think we are probably destined to be a cross-country driving family in the future with our trusty Chrysler Pacifica. Did I mention our parents are welcome to visit us at any time? :D (They certainly have been nice about it so far.)
Anyway, Christmas in Florida was wonderful. We went to Mass on Christmas Eve with everyone and opened presents afterwards. All weekend, Michael had a lot of fun walking all over the house, hugging Tigger and playing with magnets. He did well opening his presents too -- I wasn't sure if he'd get the concept or not, but he definitely did. I would start tearing some of the paper and give him the present, and he'd methodically tear off the rest of the paper bit by bit, handing it to me each time. When the present was open, for most of them he smiled and seemed excited. Grandma Garza gave him a Veggie Tales DVD, with Bob the Tomato on the cover, and when Michael opened it he held it in his hand with the biggest smile saying, "Apple! Apple!" So easy to please, ha. Same for the little Finding Nemo wall clock from 'Lita. Huge smile while he studied it, and "Nemo! Nemo!" (Well, it doesn't come out that clearly, but it's what he was saying.) Very cute :)
The weather wasn't terribly warm but it was very pleasant. And Mike and I got to hang out in the hot tub with Chris, Stef, and Dad for awhile one night which was definitely fun. We had a nice dinner out one night and some good meals at the house too. T cooked omelettes one morning (very yummy) and Grandma and T (and Stef and Amanda too I think?) made the great turkey dinner for Christmas Eve. I will note that Chris probably ate the best that weekend though, since Stefani cooked for him individually on a regular basis :) Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment