Monday, August 10, 2009

Thanks to Aunt Amanda

It's hard to believe it's been three months already, but Aunt Amanda's last day as our nanny was Friday. I am so thankful she was able to be here the last few months. She is so great with the baby, which I think all our blog readers have seen well evidenced by all the videos and pictures she posted on here this summer! :) I am grateful to see how he has been happy and thriving during my start back to work -- I never had to be concerned that he was well taken care of. I *did* have to be concerned where I'd be meeting them after work on a regular basis though, since she took him on field trips all over Dallas all the time :) Thank you, Amanda!



So today marked a new day for our family ... Michael the Baby's first day with his new nanny, Elizabeth. She is so sweet and caring, and I am so thankful that she has already shown such a great interest in Michael even before she became his nanny, by visiting with him several times over the summer so she was familiar to him (and she came over to learn Michael's routine from Amanda in the last few weeks too). He really likes her, and their first day together went great! Michael's small sign vocabulary has definitely helped him already in communicating with us, but he seems unfazed by hearing Spanish now as yet another language. If we can combine them all, we can get him saying "mas y mas" in sign language before we know it :)

1 comment:

Annamannapanda said...

It's been such a pleasure to spend so much time with my super cute nephew this summer. I'm really gonna miss seeing him every day!!!