Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Full time job
According to what I've been reading, there is a big range of "normal" when it comes to babies and eating -- some babies are very efficient and finish eating in 20-30 minutes total each time, and some just take their time. Either way, it is apparently best to let them finish on their own so they get the whole range of milk. Michael is mostly a take-his-time eater and often can actively be eating for 20-30 minutes on each side! Add in the bottle supplements on some feedings (which he can take another half-hour to eat), take out a few "snacks", and still at 8-12 times I am feeding this kid probably 10 to 12 hours a day. Good grief! If this time was billable, I'd be golden.
Labels:
Michael the Baby,
nursing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment