I tend to only get one or two haircuts per year, when it finally gets long enough that it feels too heavy to do much with. I haven't had one since before Oscar was born so I finally went yesterday...but now I wish I hadn't. Being the extremely conventional and change-averse person I am, I don't like big changes in style, so I just asked the stylist to trim a few inches, angle a little bit in the front, and lighten it up a little. Specific instruction that I still need to be able to keep it in a ponytail because I wear my hair back 90% of the time, what with the baby always trying to eat it. I *didn't* specifically say no layers, but I guess I thought that was implied. And then the stylist went and chopped it off to have dramatic layers, up to chin-length in the front.
I am pretty frustrated because I didn't realize that she was cutting so much off as it happened. It doesn't look terrible, it's just not at all what I asked for or wanted, especially since I can't do a ponytail for awhile now. But once it was done, what can you do? So I didn't even complain because there's not really even any way to fix it. :/ Maybe next year when it's all grown out again I'll try again, and be more specific this time.
Although I can't do a ponytail, I can sort of do my hair half up and it mostly works for now. Photo of half updo with Oscar attempting to eat a baby food jar without it even being open:

No comments:
Post a Comment