Saturday, February 21, 2015

Toddler songs

I finally got Joseph to sing a little bit of the ABC song for me (with a little prompting). He really likes to sing it for his brothers. He actually came up to me the other day holding the "J" from his alphabet puzzle and said "Joseph!" That was pretty cool. He also recognizes D for Dada, F for fish, M for Mama, A for Apple, B for Ball, and O. I think Michael was starting to recognize his letters around now (23 months) and it's really neat to see.

Joseph surprised me in this video, too. He's been saying his numbers to us recently (he can pronounce "eleven" very precisely), so I was trying to get him to say the numbers up to ten. I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes, though, because I didn't even realize at first that he was saying the nursery rhyme (one, two, buckle my shoe) instead. He must be saying that one at preschool, because it isn't one of the ones we've been practicing at home. (Like "Ring around the rosy" as well.) His teacher says he is very attentive when they sing their little nursery rhymes :)

No comments: