Thursday, August 7, 2014

Adventure baby at 16 months

Here are a few pictures of Joseph at sixteen months.

Joseph loves to have you wrap him up in a towel so he can walk around carefully


Adventure baby likes to slide down the slide all by himself and then climb back up for more

Joseph pretty much never drinks milk out of a bottle but I thought I'd give it a try for once
Carefully working on sorting blocks (not always successfully)
It's also fun to help Michael
Silly sleepy baby
New words for Joseph include apple (ap-pah), Elmo (emmo), and up.  When he's leaving the room - at preschool, bedtime, or anywhere else - he also does a grand wave to everyone and gives the sweetest Southern-sounding "Buh-bahhh" I've ever heard.

Joseph likes to laugh at his brothers and make them laugh too.  In the car he will stick his cup or plush toys on his head until Malcolm starts laughing.  But he can be possessive when it comes to his parents.  If Malcolm or Michael is sitting with one of us, Joseph will try to shove them out of the way and wiggle his way into our laps.  Speaking of moving people around, if you are holding him but not listening sufficiently (as frequently happens when he entreats me for "muh??") he will grab your face in his hands and turn it to him so he can make eye contact and repeat the request more urgently.  How can I say no to that face?

No comments: