Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Little things

Over the past week, a few little developments with our baby ... First, Joseph has started grabbing at toys and chewing (or at least drooling) on them.  I got him a little duck toy for his carseat with a pull handle and he hadn't really noticed it until recently, so I'm glad he likes it now.  I may go ahead and pull out the teething toys since his grip is getting better.  Next, we moved up to 3-6 month clothes on schedule.  I successfully pulled out all the new clothes, but I have not necessarily put away the old ones.  Maybe by the time we rotate to 6-9 months.  That's just how things roll in this household - oh well :)  Another note, it looks like the umbilical hernia is actually closing up the way it's supposed to - Joseph's belly button isn't popping out so much as it was before, but is starting to look more normal.  Finally, and this is truly a miracle, as new moms will appreciate: Joseph can settle himself down to sleep!  I have noticed multiple times over the past week that when his diaper is dry and he's full, and he has been playing for a little while and starts to get fussy, that if I put him down then in his crib he will roll himself on his tummy, wiggle around awhile, and then fall asleep.  I don't think I could add sufficient exclamation points for that.  I couldn't for the life of me get Michael to wind down and sleep/nap on his own until he was at least six months old, if I'm remembering right - he was one you just could not lay down.  Joseph still wakes up at least two or three times a night to eat, but he always goes right back to sleep.  So I'm still sleep-deprived for all the waking up, but I am extremely thankful that going-to-sleep is becoming a much easier process :)

No comments: