Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nashville sights

A few of the things we got to do in Nashville included the General Jackson boat ride (super hot that day, but enjoyable) and the Grand Ole Opry.  I really liked the Opry - it wasn't a concert like I expected from the way they had publicized the headliner (Darius Rucker), but rather a musical variety show.  No act sang more than two songs, and each half-hour segment was hosted by a (usually ancient) entertainer.  I just discovered on YouTube they posted several videos from the night we were there, which is really cool - here's a song by the Old Crow Medicine Show, a bluegrass group which was my favorite act from the night:





Serious Malcolm

Goofy Malcolm with his cousin

Nashville skyline

I was so happy to hold the baby!  Who knows what she thought about it :)

Silly face


Proof we were there!


No comments: