Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Little linebacker

I am getting a little bit better at transporting two kids around town, although it still takes me too long to get out of the house.  I'm trying to build in that time and it's going all right.  Yesterday we did our first restaurant outing on our own, to Panera with my friend and her little boy.  Malcolm stayed napping in his car seat and Michael was content as long as he was eating pretty much the entire time (this is as per usual).  In his customary surveying of tables and available food when we arrived, though, he actually climbed right up in a booth with two women we didn't know and sat politely to wait for food!  I apologized profusely but fortunately the woman he sat next to was a great sport about it and Michael let me pick him up for us to go find a high chair for our own table.

This morning's first destination was the doctor's office, as Mike said.  I knew Malcolm was big -- he looked twice the size of a baby girl we saw at Panera yesterday, whose mother I overheard saying was seven pounds, but I didn't think he was *actually* twice her size.  Apparently so. He matches what Michael's length was at two months (95th percentile) but Michael was much smaller in weight -- it took him closer to six months to hit 15 pounds.  Malcolm actually is a half pound over what Mike was at two months, too, and those who have seen pictures know how big he was as an infant before everything evened out after age one!  In any event, Malcolm is a very contented baby overall and I'm happy he's all healthy (and proportional :).  He did relatively well with his three shots today, also -- didn't cry for too long.  After the doctor's office we went to the park to meet up with other mom and baby friends.  Funny to have confirmed that Malcolm definitely is as big as he looked next to his older cousin and friends in the picture from last week!

No comments: